[gmx-users] [Fwd: Regarding Zn problem]

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Mon Dec 19 09:26:18 CET 2005

> From: Kirti Patel <kirti at chem.iitb.ac.in>
> To: spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
>
> Dear David,
>
> I am new to gromcas and am working on designing Zinc peptides with
> stereochemistry as a variable.
>
> In the following mail to gromacs userlist you mentioned about using new
> forcefield for publishing
> the results.
>
> could you please mention me in details for these.
>
> 1. Why should we use new force field when we have already a recognised
> force field (Gromos).
Yes but in that case you should use gromos43a1 or gromos56a1 (or OPLS)

> 2. Is it that the simulations done on Gromacs are not publishable.

Of course they are

> 3. You said "referees tend te become more picky about it", so what
> should one do.
The ffgmx force field is a modified gromos87 ff that has not been
described in the literature. Use a newer force field.

> 4. Also I am presently using ffG43a1 forcefield for simulations with
> zinc, is this forcefield
> gives good results or shall I use something else.
This at least avoids the problem of the ill-defined force field
mentioned under 3.

--
David.
phone:	46 18 471 4205		fax: 46 18 511 755