[gmx-users] How to constraint protein + lipid, to move water into the pore channel

Maik Goette mgoette at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Fri Feb 18 10:05:24 CET 2005

Hi

Generate an index file with make_ndx, put the atoms, you wish to
restrain (heavy atoms of protein and bilayer e.g.) into one index group.
Then use genpr including the index file and use the index group you made
for restraints.

Example:

make_ndx -f protein.gro

Screen-Output:
0 System
1 Protein
2 Bilayer

Command:
1|2

Screen-Output:
0 System
1 Protein
2 Bilayer
3 Protein_Bilayer

Command:

3 &! aH*

Screen-Output:
0 System
1 Protein
2 Bilayer
3 Protein_Bilayer
4 Protein_Bilayer_aH*

Command:

End Example

You have now written an index file with all heavy atoms of protein and
Bilayer on position 4. Use this position for restraints in genpr.

Regards

Maik Goette, Dipl. Biol.
Theoretical & computational biophysics department
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen
Germany
Tel.  : ++49 551 201 2310