[gmx-users] K+ atom type and KCl crystals

Marc Baaden baaden at smplinux.de
Thu Jan 27 11:55:53 CET 2005

Hi,

We had the same issue about K+ parameters. Currently we do use
the OPLSAA K+ with the Gromos forcefield. Find attached the included
file. But be aware that mixing forcefields is an insecure domain
(although ions are always an issue).

BTW, concerning K+ and in particular KCl, we have witnessed a number
of crystallization events of KCl crystals at physiological concentration
with Amber, but not with Gromacs so far.

Have other people also seen this ? I guess it's a K+ parameter problem.
Any tips or tricks ?

Cheers,
  Marc Baaden