[gmx-users] K+ atom type and KCl crystals

Erik Lindahl lindahl at sbc.su.se
Thu Jan 27 14:20:15 CET 2005

Hi,

Just for reference, the K+ parameters now used in OPLS-AA (both my
Gromacs version and Bill Jorgensen's own files) are the ones derived by
Johan Åqvist and not the original OPLS ones.

It was a couple of years ago that I last looked into it, but they are
quite good (better than any alternatives available then) and
parameterized to reproduce the experimental free energy of solvation in
water.

Cheers,

Erik