[gmx-users] RE: Insertion of protein in lipid bilayer

Graham Smith graham.smith at biiuk.com
Fri Jul 29 12:49:18 CEST 2005

Dear Rob,

Assuming you have the conventional set up with the bilayer lying in the
x-y plane, try applying a position restraint in z only to the lipid (to
its P atom, for example). That might help keep the leaflets together,
while still allowing the lipids to move in the plane of the bilayer. I
think there's something about this in the html how-to file.

Graham

I have just seen that there have been a couple of messages about this in
the last few months - sorry for not replying before! You obviously
managed to solve the problem with binio.h. If Alok Jain hasn't given up
yet: it looks like you were using gmx version 3.2.1, whereas the
hole-making code was developed with 3.1.4 - that's probably the cause of
your compilation problems.