[gmx-users] kindly guide me!

Anton Feenstra feenstra at few.vu.nl
Thu Jun 2 11:41:31 CEST 2005

Dallas B. Warren wrote:
>  > Is it possible to   visualize the same in the INSIGHT II before
> entering into simulation or solvation step?
>
> ? Not sure what you are asking there.  Depends on what file formats you
> can load into Insight, if it can handle the *.gro file, then you can
> load and view it.

Pretty sure insight doesn't read .gro.
Use 'editconf -f this.gro -o that.pdb' to convert.

>>Is there any other molecular visualisation tool for viewing   the
> molecule?
>
> There are plenty, few have been mentioned on this emailing list, so try
> a search.

Gromacs comes with the simple trajectory viewer 'ngmx', which has the
advantage of showing bonds as they are defined in the topology.

For quick and simple work, I use rasmol.

--
Groetjes,

Anton

* NOTE: New Phone & Fax numbers (below) *

| \_/ \_/ | | | Tel: +31 20 59 87608 - Fax: +31 20 59 87610           |
|             | Feenstra at few.vu.nl - www.few.vu.nl/~feenstra/         |
|             | "If You See Me Getting High, Knock Me Down" (RHCP)    |