[gmx-users] fatal error message

Derrick Guang Yuh Lee k24dgyl at mun.ca
Fri Jun 3 02:58:42 CEST 2005

Dear Ahmed,

Your error,

Fatal error: number of coordinates in coordinate file (conf.gro, 648)
	     does not match topology (topol.top, 0)

means that you need to adjust your topology file, for some reason or
another, it appears that the molecules in your system were not defined,
i.e. the number of proteins in your system or the number of water
molecules. this is an example of part of the topology file in one of my
simulations:

[ molecules ]
; name  number
DPPC    128
SOL     3655

i think, chances are that the molecule types are not listed, hence
why your topol.top has 0 atoms. I hope this helps.

Sincerely

 - Derrick Lee

 Derrick Guang Yuh Lee
 Department of Mathematics and Statistics / Department of Biochemistry
 Memorial University of Newfoundland
 k24dgyl at mun.ca / derrickglee at hotmail.com

"a teacher is never a giver of truth - he is a guide, a pointer to the
truth that each student must find for himself. a good teacher is merely a
catalyst."
                                                              - bruce lee