[gmx-users] distance restraints and lincs warning

A.Rampioni A.Rampioni at rug.nl
Thu Jun 23 12:26:47 CEST 2005

Hi,

I found the error! I used distance restraints between two
trimers. For some distance restraints it was smaller the
distance between one trimer and the other, while for
others it was smaller the distance between one trimer and
the image of the other. So there were competitive forces
that made explode the box.
Perhaps the interactions with the images are treated in a
different way in the two version 3.1.4 and 3.2.1, so in
one case it gave me an error and in the other not.

Please, if one of the developer can confirm this
interpretation, it would be nice: is that true that in the
two version 3.2.1 and 3.1.4 the interaction between the
system and his images are treated in a different way?

Aldo