[gmx-users] pull code

Attilio vargiu at sissa.it
Fri Jun 24 19:27:21 CEST 2005

Hi

Kay Gottschalk wrote:

> The profiles you get with pulling simulations are of an irreversible
> (out-of-equilibrium) process. Thus, dissipation has a strong
> contribution, and the forces/energies are higher than for the
> equilibrium process. Furthermore, the reaction coordinate is biased
> due to the choice of the vector you are pulling along - the 'best'
> reaction coordinate for your process can be different, so that again
> you may end up calculating higher forces. Therefore, it might well be
> that the backward process happens spontaneously after 10 ns, even if
> you calculate the high barrier for the forward process. Did you check
> whether the forward process also happens spontaneously after a while?
> Cheers,
> Kay.

I simulated a total of ~21 ns, and the molecule does not seems
intentioned to go back: associate to this process in fact there is a
relaxation of structural DNA parameters towards those of DNA alone in
solution, and also the interaction is strongest, so I don't think that
the molecule can go back in the same time...

Cheers,
Attilio