[gmx-users] Potentials for Ions

Marc Baaden baaden at smplinux.de
Sat Mar 5 19:44:02 CET 2005

Dear Sowmianarayanan,

I have used nitrate and perchlorate in the past (in conjunction with
the Amber forcefield, though) and you can find the corresponding force
field parameters at several places. Either at the Amber parameter database
website [1], in my PhD thesis (pages 18-28) [2] or in the corresponding
research articles [3].

Good luck,
Marc

[1] http://pharmacy.man.ac.uk/amber/

[2] http://www.baaden.ibpc.fr/pub/other/PhD_vol1.pdf
    http://www.baaden.ibpc.fr/pub/other/PhD_vol2.pdf

[3] M. Baaden, F. Berny, G. Wipff and C. Madic; "A molecular dynamics and
    quantum mechanics study of M3+ lanthanide cation solvation by acetonitrile:
    the role of cation size, counterions and polarization effects
    investigated.", J. Phys. Chem. A, 104, 2000, 7659-7671.

    M. Baaden, M. Burgard, and G. Wipff; "TBP at the water - oil interface:
    the effect of TBP concentration and water acidity investigated by molecular
    dynamics simulations", J. Phys. Chem. B, 105, 2001, 11131-11141