[gmx-users] NPT: pressure coupling

David spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Mon Mar 7 20:56:39 CET 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 09:54 -0800, Nancy Deng wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> After my system equilibrated, I have performed 2ns production phase md
> simulation. I am expecting my calulation is in the NPT ensemble. From
> the g_energy analysis, temperature is well consistent around 300K, but
> the pressure is fluctuating significantly from -340 bar 300 bar.
this is perfectly normal. increasing the number of atoms by a factor of
four will reduce the fluctuations by a factor of two.

> The parameter setup in the .mdp file is as following:
>
> *******
> Pcoupl              =  berendsen
> pcoupltype          =  isotropic
> tau_p               =  1
> compressibility     =  4.5e-5
> ref_p               =  1
> ********
>
> Could anyone please let me kwow what's wrong in the file setup???
>

> Thanks,
>
> nancy

David.
Husargatan 3, Box 596,          75124 Uppsala, Sweden
phone:  46 18 471 4205          fax: 46 18 511 755
spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se    spoel at gromacs.org   http://xray.bmc.uu.se/~spoel