[gmx-users] problem with Mn2+

Maik Goette mgoette at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Thu Mar 10 11:40:31 CET 2005

Hi

I experienced exactly the same problems with Zn2+ ions.
If your Mn has to be flexible in movement, the bonded method should be
excluded. So there are two methods left (unbonded and cationic dummy
atom method).
In that case you have to be aware of the complexing ligands and
especially their protonation state.

I would suggest to use it like:
Manzetti et al., Molecular dynamics of MMP-3, ADAM-9 and ADAM-10 in
complex with hypothetical substrates: New implications for catalysis and
substrate affinity J. Comp. Aid. Mol. Des. 17 pp. 551-565 (2003)

Regards

Maik Goette, Dipl. Biol.
Theoretical & computational biophysics department
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen
Germany
Tel.  : ++49 551 201 2310