[gmx-users] Bug (?) in dgdl.xvg

Maik Goette mgoette at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Thu Mar 10 16:00:39 CET 2005

Dear Gromacs developer,

I think, I found a bug-like problem in the FEP-Output-file dgdl.xvg.
Have a look at this:

---cut
999.99 513.523
999.992 530.992
999.994 511.562
999.996 453.502
999.998 369.732
1000 561.751
1000 569.696
1000 615.34
1000.01 679.243
1000.01 755.308
1000.01 809.608
1000.01 865.887
1000.01 928.085
---cut

This is a part out of the file at the edge of 1ns.
As you can see, the output format is to small (7 characters) to print
the last number (after 1ns) and therefore rounds the value. This is not
the bag of dwarves, as I like to say. I am not able to process the files
any further, without writing a tool, which fixes this. So are you able
to change this in the next version?
I don't know, if no one ever did a FEP over 2ns before, but in my
opinion this is a major problem.

Regards
--
Maik Goette, Dipl. Biol.
Theoretical & computational biophysics department