[gmx-users] install gromacs on ia64 system

Erik Lindahl lindahl at sbc.su.se
Wed Mar 30 14:14:37 CEST 2005

Hi Yang,

On Mar 30, 2005, at 1:59 PM, Yang Ye wrote:

> Just to add my experience that for Compaq alpha 64bit, float does not
> work.
>
> Yang Ye

We've definitely run it successfully on some tru64 unix versions in
single precision.

If you'd like us to look into it we need a more detailed bug report,
e.g.:

1. The exact version of Gromacs you used, or date if it was a CVS
version.
2. The cpu (21164, 21264, etc.)
3. The operating system version
4. Compiler, compiler version, and whether fortran was used (check
configure output)
5. Possible configure options
6. The error message, or crash/segfault, and when it happened.

Cheers,

Erik