[gmx-users] forcefield to handle phosphorylated residues (ffG43a1p)

Una Bjarnadottir una.bjarnadottir at ucd.ie
Thu Mar 31 17:15:17 CEST 2005

Dear all,

I have just started to use GROMACS for MD's and have downloaded the
forcefield to handle phosphorylated residues (*ffG43a1p)*.  But I keep
getting the error when I run pdb2gmx and select the forcefield that it
does not recognize the phosphoryl group or the oxygen atoms in the
phosphoryl group.

Fatal error: Atom PD/P in residue TPO 183 not found in rtp entry with 12
atoms while sorting atoms
Fatal error: Atom OE1/O1 in residue TPO 183 not found in rtp entry with
12 atoms while sorting atoms

How should I tread the residuses which are phosphorylated and how to
treat the phosphorylgroup itself?
I have put the phosphoryl group both with the residue,  copy it from the
end of the pdb file and add it to the residues which are phosphorylated
and kept it last?  Do I call the whole residue TPO for phosphorylated
threonine or only the phosphorylgroup, or call the phosphoryl group PHO
and the residue TPO itself, also I have added the P-group to the residue
and called it I have tryed all kinds of things but nothing seems to
work.  I have searched for help but have not found anything for this
"silly" problem.

I would really appreciate it if somebody will bother helping me!

Best regards, Una