[gmx-users] RE: Converting from AMBER to GROMACS

Jordi Camps jcamps at lsi.upc.edu
Mon May 2 11:28:35 CEST 2005

Hi all!

Paste back the coordinates of my original file is my next step, but because
of the change in atom name AND number I must compare the original
coordinates and the new coordinates and select the closest one for
substitution. Which method do you think that will be more precise? Minimal
difference? Minimal root mean squared?

This cold be avoided if someone can ensure that pdb2gmx ALWAYS change O->O2
and OXT->O1. Then I could select the atoms by name, which is easier and we
won't be guessing.

Thanks for your help :-)

--
Jordi Camps Puchades
Instituto Nacional de Bioinformatica (INB) Nodo Computacional GNHC-2
Catalunya (Spain)                 e-mail: jcamps at lsi.upc.edu