[gmx-users] (no subject)

Jason de Joannis jdejoan at emory.edu
Thu May 5 19:05:42 CEST 2005

Overuse of constraints may by a little unrealistic. Why not include
an external field that represents the effect of two hard walls?
The same short-ranged (1/r^9) potential would be felt by all atoms.
Then put a vacuum layer above the top wall to screen out the
electrostatic interactions with z-dimensional images. You should
be able to run semi-isotropic pressure coupling provided the
vacuum width remains large enough. That way you can develop a
surface tension - lipid area isotherm. Unfortunately Gromacs does not
have an external field option, but it is easy to code.

 /Jason