[gmx-users] How to screen Coulomb interactions between some pairs.

xieyh at hkusua.hku.hk xieyh at hkusua.hku.hk
Sat May 7 17:32:05 CEST 2005

Dear Dr. David:

What you mean is that fudgeQQ=0.0 can only make 1-4 interactions between pairs
to be zero, and normal electrostatic interactions can not be eliminated if
atoms are charged? If yes, any alternative to achieve such a goal?

Thanks.

Xie Yinghong
Hong Kong Univ.

On Sat, 2005-05-07 at 22:56 +0800, xieyh at hkusua.hku.hk wrote:
> Dear users:
>
> I need to make Coulomb interactions of some charged pairs to be zero. So, I
> firstly define these pairs in [pairs] section, and modify the following part
in
> ffgmx.itp:
>
> [ defaults ]
> ; nbfunc        comb-rule       gen-pairs       fudgeLJ fudgeQQ
>    1             1               no              1.0     0.0
>
> As seen, I set fudgeQQ = 0.0, what I expect is that the normal electrostatic
> interactions will be scaled by a factor 0.0, then Coulomb interactions
between
> these pairs will be eliminated.
This is only for the 1-4 interaction (or pairs). Non bonded interactions
are at full strength.

> Here, I am not sure whether gen-pairs = yes or no. Anybody can give me a
hint?

gen_pairs is only for the parameters.

> Thanks a lot.
>

> Xie YH