[gmx-users] ED sampling and overall rotation

Thomas Stockner stockner at ucalgary.ca
Fri May 13 16:58:02 CEST 2005

Hi Bert,

thanks for your answer. One more thing is unclear.

The eigenvectors used for enhanced sampling define directions in space.
During a simulation, my protein will move and tumble and the initial
orientation will not match with the orientation at a later time point of
the simulations.
How is this overall rotation of my molecule taken into account when
projecting the MD step onto the subspace spanned by the eigenvectors
that are used for enhances sampling?

ciao

Thomas
Thomas Stockner
University of Calgary
Department of Biological Sciences, Biol 416
2500 University Dr
Calgary, AB, T2N 1N4
Canada

Tel:++1-403-2202439