[gmx-users] Re: about complex MD

Natapol Pornputtapong natapol.por at biotec.or.th
Tue May 17 05:06:42 CEST 2005

    I have a protein and I want to check where is the ligand can bind on
my protein. This ligand doesn't come together with the protein. I must
add it after use pdb2gmx.
When I run EM and MD,the ligand is alway in the start coordinate. The
ligand don't move to anywhere and sometime it is kicked out from the
system to stay on the border. If I move the ligand coordinate next to
the protein ,I will interact with the nearest residue and don't move to
the protein pocket.
    I run EM with steepest descents and PME coulomb type, start PR and
MD with  PME and Berendsen temperature and pressure coupling.

Thank you very much.
Natapol Pornputtapong
Research Assistant Bioinformatics Lab.
National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology ( BIOTEC)
Thailand
E-mail:natapol.por at biotec.or.th