[gmx-users] Retaining only .xtc files and deleting .trr files

sunita at chem.iitb.ac.in sunita at chem.iitb.ac.in
Fri May 20 08:55:23 CEST 2005

Dear Kai,

Thank you for your response.

To restart the simulation I can use the last trr file as it contains
velocity term in addition to coordinates. For this purpose I plan to keep
the last trr file. Once I accumulate data for example 50 ns trajectory and
make xtc file of whole 50 ns, can I delete the trr files?

To be more specific, beside the usage you have specified which other
programs uses only trr file but not xtc file.

With best regards,
Sunita Patel