[gmx-users] Grompp error

Anton Feenstra feenstra at few.vu.nl
Fri May 20 10:33:55 CEST 2005

David van der Spoel wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 20:21 -0300, Monique Brito wrote:
>
>>Hi Andrea and Anton,
>>
>>Thank for your help!
>>
>>My system is made of a protein and a ligand, but
>>in the index file and in the md.mdp file, I
>>needed to put some residues that I interested in.
>>

>>Then, when I run grompp with the option -n
>>index.ndx, it gives an error:
>>
>>Fatal error: Atom 962 in multiple T-Coupling
>>groups (16 and 1)
>
> This means you have atom 962 a T-coupling group (protein) and a separate
> one. You'll have to make a group protein - r_94 which is simple in
> make_ndx.

Are you sure you want to T-couple one residue of the protein separately?

It may be that you only want to give these residues as energy groups?

Or are you going to do analysis only (no simulations)? In that case you
should make a new tpr file, just use the one you used for the simulation
(or use a .gro or .pdb file), and your index file.

--
Groetjes,

Anton

* NOTE: New Phone & Fax numbers (below) *

| \_/ \_/ | | | Tel: +31 20 59 87608 - Fax: +31 20 59 87610           |
|             | Feenstra at few.vu.nl - www.few.vu.nl/~feenstra/         |
|             | "If You See Me Getting High, Knock Me Down" (RHCP)    |