[gmx-users] errors in make/configure

Michael Shirts mrshirts at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 01:44:32 CET 2005

So, I'm installing on a new system (Debian/Ubuntu)  I run configure --
everything is fine.  I run make, and get the following errors:

acinclude.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition of ACX_CHECK_FFTW
  run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
  or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending%20aclocal
acinclude.m4:134: warning: underquoted definition of AC_FIND_MOTIF
acinclude.m4:341: warning: underquoted definition of ACX_CHECK_CC_FLAGS
acinclude.m4:367: warning: underquoted definition of ACX_CHECK_F77_FLAGS
acinclude.m4:396: warning: underquoted definition of ACX_DETECT_GMXCPU
acinclude.m4:491: warning: underquoted definition of ACX_COMPILER_MAXOPT

Now, when I run make, it automatically runs configure first, and dies
with error:
 warning: underquoted definition of ACX_CHECK_F77_FLAGS

So I can't even make clean, since it runs configure first and dies.

I'm using automake 1.8.5 and autoconf 2.59

Any thoughts?