[gmx-users] question about genbox

Sven Huttenhouse mdsimulation at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 2 17:57:52 CET 2005

Thank you all for your reply
actually I genarated 200 glycine molecules by replicating one molecule using
genbox abd it gave me molecules that are randomly disrtibuted but attached
to each other. I then used genconf to generate the the molecules and it gave
me 200 molecules that are not attached but also not randomly distributed.
When I use editconf to generate a box aroud the molecules (generated by
genconf) and then genbox to solvate them in water I notice that water
molecules are located around the 200 molecules and no water molecules comes
withen the 200 glycine molecules.
what I'm looking for is to get 200 glycine molecules not attached to each
other and randomly distribulet in a box of water molecules. How can I get
this?

One more thing, when I change the bex dimentions using option -d in editconf
this will affect the cutoff distance is this ok?

kind regards
Sven