[gmx-users] CFLAGS

Joanne Hanna J.F.Hanna at warwick.ac.uk
Thu Nov 17 14:57:47 CET 2005

Hello

Thanks very much. I think I am beginning to understand what i am doing now. my system is running RedHat Enterprise Linux AS 3.0 / SGI ProPack but when i try to configure i produce a ia64-unknown-linux-gnu executable, is this okay?

Thanks
Jo

>>> lindahl at sbc.su.se 11/17/05 13:05 PM >>>
Hi,

The configure script does a pretty good job of detecting things
automatically. The appropriate assembly loops are enabled by default
- use the switches if you want to disable them for some reason.

The same thing goes for the compiler options - just set them manually
if the automatic detection doesn't work.

ia64 is a bit special in that the nonbonded loops are very optimized
relative to the neighborsearching (compared to ia32 or x86_64). Since
the neighborsearching is compiled code you probably want to use the
intel compiler and "-O3" (should be set automatically if you define
CC=icc) for better performance.

Cheers,

Erik