[gmx-users] learning Gromacs

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Sat Nov 19 03:02:20 CET 2005

Abdullah Nasr wrote:
> Hello
> I'm doing my PhD in Illinois Institute of Technology in
> Crystallization and my professor in interested in applying Molecular
> Dynamics in this field.
>
> Could anyone please tell me where to start learning Gromacs. I've been
> reading the manual for about one month and I did some of the tutorials
> but I still don't feel I can run a simulation. Is there any other
> source to learn how to run Gromacs simulation?

The Schulten group at UIUC who produce NAMD run good introductory
workshops regularly, although from the look of their site
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/ they have one at the end of this
month which is booked out. I do recommend the course (I did one in
Australia a few years back) - the concepts are naturally pretty
transferable to other MD packages. There are quite a number of good
introductory tutorials for using NAMD there too. I'm not aware of
anything comparable for GROMACS.