[gmx-users] topology file and LJ parameters

David Mobley dmobley at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 18:50:37 CET 2005

David,

I wrote back with a question and didn't get an answer, so let me rephrase.

If YOU were going to try and turn off only intermolecular vdW interactions
(maintaining intramolecular), how exactly would you set up your topology
file to do this?

I tried to do it as I describe below. Do you see anything obviously wrong
with my setup (which doesn't seem to be working)?
1) Define new atom types with the same masses, but with no vdW parameters
2) Change the atoms listing to add perturbations to these atom types in the
typeB column.
3) Add pair interactions between each of the atoms (with non-excluded
interactions; here nrexcl=3) in my molecule explicitly in the pairlist,
including explicit statement of the interaction parameters.

For some reason if I do the above I am still getting a nonzero dv/dlambda in
vacuum, which means I'm somehow changing the intramolecular interactions
(right?), even though I don't think I should be.

I can provide a sample topology file if that would help.

Thanks,
David