[gmx-users] help me with g_rmsf...

mekanix mekanix at aruba.it
Wed Oct 5 14:23:47 CEST 2005

Hi Tsjerk, thank you for the answer!
But my problem is... I can't completely understand
this difference... Maybe rms deviation is a sort of mean value
and rmsf a sort of standard deviation?
Can you explain me in few words the difference?
Thank's very much
Rodolfo

Hi Rodolfo,

Reading the help (g_rmsf -h) tells that "with the option -od the root mean
square deviation with respect to the reference structure is calculated",
which is quite different from the root mean square fluctuation of an atom
around its average position, which is what you get with -o.

Cheers,

Tsjerk