[gmx-users] install single & double precision versions of fftw-3.0.1

Erik Lindahl lindahl at sbc.su.se
Wed Oct 12 14:47:57 CEST 2005

Hi,

> Thank you so much for your informations.
>
> I also checked fftw3/configure -h, it says
>  --enable-threads        compile FFTW SMP threads library
>
> The SMP lib should be necessary for MPI, right?

No, we never use the FFTW thread interface. One problem is that those
routines have to start a new thread, and that overhead is too large
for the small system sizes we normally have.

That's not to say we won't use it in the future, though, and it's
generally useful, so if it works there's no real reason not to enable
it when building FFTW.

Cheers,

Erik

Erik Lindahl  <lindahl at sbc.su.se>
Assistant Professor, Stockholm Bioinformatics Center
Stockholm University, SE 106 91 Stockholm
Phone: +46 8 5537 8564     Fax: +46 8 5537 8214