[gmx-users] installing GROMACS3.3 using RPM packages for Linux

lsettimo at abo.fi lsettimo at abo.fi
Wed Oct 12 18:24:03 CEST 2005

Dear all,
I would like to install GROMACS 3.3 using RPM packages for Linux.
I am running a x86_64 system and using Fedora Core 4 (x86_64).

When I unpack the rpm, I get the complaint regarding FFTW dependencies
(it needs libfftw3f.so.3).

Since something very similar has already occured in the past:
http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2004-June/011053.html
I followed the same instructions given by Erik Lindahl unpacking
gromacs-3.3-1.src.rpm.

When I rebuild rpmbuild -bb gromacs.spec in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
it complains that:

error: Legacy syntax is unsupported: copyright
error: line 14: Unknown tag: Copyright: GPL

Does anybody know what these messages means?
Any file is created after this commmand (the directory
/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/x86_64/ is empty).

Thanks if somebody will help me.