[gmx-users] gromacs3.3 problem after installation

Erik Lindahl lindahl at sbc.su.se
Fri Oct 14 08:08:20 CEST 2005

> I don't know if this error in gcc version during compilation cause
> the segmenatation fault: I installed 3.3 as root user.
> However, whether I carried out pdb2gmx as root or not, it returns
> "segmentation fault" always.
>
> I hope these can provide helpful information.
>
> Reagrds,
>
> wzh

OK, this appears to be a Linux/gcc problem rather than Gromacs. The
best option is likely to reinstall/upgrade with a newer Linux
distribution.

Cheers,

Erik
Erik Lindahl  <lindahl at sbc.su.se>
Assistant Professor, Stockholm Bioinformatics Center
Stockholm University, SE 106 91 Stockholm
Phone: +46 8 5537 8564     Fax: +46 8 5537 8214