[gmx-users] MPICH on Gbit with > 4 CPUs?

Pim Schravendijk schraven at mpip-mainz.mpg.de
Fri Oct 14 19:47:45 CEST 2005

I had the same problem, and never found out what exactly goes wrong
here. I'm not sure if it's really an MPICH related problem, currently it
works very well here with mpich on an Infiniband-connected cluster. Maybe
the combination of MPICH, gigabit hardware and gromacs doesn't work for
some strange reason.

FYI The working mpich version on the infiniband cluster here:

MPICH Version:          1.2.6
MPICH Release date:     $Date: 2004/08/04 11:10:38$
MPICH Patches applied:  none
MPICH Device:           vapi

--
Pim Schravendijk - PhD Student
Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research