[gmx-users] fatal error [using pdb2gmx]

Sven Huttenhouse mdsimulation at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 17 17:27:47 CEST 2005

I have the glycine pdb file but I don't know which hydrogen atom to ignore.

I tried to use a program called Ghemical to get the .pdb file of the
glycine. it gave me the pdb file of glycine with all the atoms included. I
used this pdb file and riplicated the number of glycine molecules to 250
using genbox and it worked fine. but when I tried to convert this pdb file
to .gro file using pdb2gmx I got a fatal error message that I have some
missed atoms??!!!

I searched the internet and got a (glycine.pdb) file from the site :

http://wbiomed.curtin.edu.au/teach/biochem/tutorials/pdb/

but I had the same problem (I could riplicate it but not generate a .gro
file using pdb2gmx).
Can any one please help me and explain why is this?
Alternatively If I want to write the .gro file following its format and
using information from the pdb file how should I name my atoms and which
atoms should I include??

kind regards
Sven Huttenhouse