[gmx-users] Re: dPCA

Gia Maisuradze gia at chem.unr.edu
Tue Oct 18 02:51:03 CEST 2005

David,

I have tried to do dPCA on Gromacs 3.3 RC2. First, I have generated
angle.ndx by using mk_angndx where in option -type I wrote dihedral,
ryckaert-bellemans or phi-psi option does not work. So my angle.ndx looks
like:
[ Phi=180.0_2_7.11 ]
     1     2     4     5
[ Phi=180.0_2_33.5 ]
     2     4     6     8     8    10    12    14    14    16    18    20

[ Phi=180.0_6_1 ]
     4     6     7     9    10    12    14    16    16    18    20    22

[ Phi=0.0_2_2.09 ]
     5     4     6     8
[ Phi=0.0_0_0 ]
     7     6     8     9    19    20    22    23    20    22    25    24
    20    22    25    26
[ Phi=0.0_6_1 ]
     6     8    10    12    12    14    16    18

then I used angle.ndx along with trajectory and tpr files to produce
trajectory file for dPCA. In g_angle I wrote for -type option dihedral. Also
it asks the group to choose, each group has a different number of elements.
Which one to pick? I found that -oc calculates dihedral autocorrelation
function. My concern is I could not produce cos(phi) sin(phi) cos(psi)
sin(psi), as we discussed in our one of the previous emails. Also, the
dihedral autocorrelation function that I got from -oc option is in xvg
format, for g_covar I need either xtc or trr format.

Are steps described above correct to perform dPCA? Does Gromacs 3.3 RC2
support dPCA?

Thanks in advance,

Gia