[gmx-users] fatal error [using pdb2gmx]

Sven Huttenhouse mdsimulation at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 18 19:36:02 CEST 2005

Many thanks Dr. Erik for your help.
I still have some doubts about atoms naming. in the file ffG43a1.rtp I find
CA sometimes represent  a carbon in a CH2 group and sometimes a carbon in a
CH ??
Sometimes find numbers used to distinguish between atom from the same type
and sometimes letters, like HA1 HA2 or O1 O2 O3 and sometimes CA CB CD
representing carbon in a CH2 group??
Is there any source where I can find the explanation of atoms naming?
Also I'm trying to find a source that explains the pdb file format.
I will really appreciate it is someone can guide me in how to construct a
pdb file for any molecule like if I want to write my own pdb file for
Glycine.
Many thanks
Sven Huttenhouse