[gmx-users] Ice box

Fernando Mattio mattiofer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 11:36:39 CEST 2005

 Dear Gromacs users,
First thank you Erik and David, now the mkice is running. But unfortunately
I couldn´t solve my problem yet. With this mkice option I could again
generate ice crystals (.gro file), but as I wrote before, I already have pdb
files with the ice crystals. And using editconf I can also create from my
pdb files the .gro files .
My problem is really the topology file, because when I tried to use the
pdb2gmx I had the following fatal error:
FATAL ERROR: Residue "OHH" not found in residue topology database
I tried then the prodrg server, but it doesn´t work with only H anf O
atoms...
And I also tried to use x2top from my .gro file but I got again a fatal
error:
FATAL ERROR: Library file ffG43a1 not found in current dir nor in default
directories. (You can set the directories to search with GMXLIB path
variable).
I read the Chapter 5, and I got the general idea of how create an itp
file... But I don´t know where to find informations about dihedrals, bonds,
angles and pairs from my pdb files. And I really don´t know if it´s the
easiest way to solve my problem, because I am such a new user. Maybe to try
to add water as a residue should be a reasonable way, but I still have to
learn how to do that. And I am not sure if the pdb2gmx would work. So please
any advice would be very helpful for me.
Thank you very much in advance,
Fernando Mattio