[gmx-users] How many processors do I need?...

Brian Wengerter bcwengerter at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 26 02:54:18 CEST 2005

Hi all,

Sorry for asking such a naive question, but I didn't get any good
results searching the lists.  I'm interested in modeling a system that
would contain a lipid bilayer and, at most, two proteins of moderate
size.  I'm looking to build a cluster to perform the simulations, but I
don't have a good idea as to what would be a reasonable number of
processors for a system of that approximate size.  Could someone suggest
to me what would be appropriate?  Basically, I'd like to know what I
need to get, and I'd also like to know how much it'll cost.  :-)
Thankfully, the latter is less of a concern, but I'd rather not waste
money, either.

Thanks for any and all help!

Brian