[gmx-users] :a grompp problem using a ffamber port

David Mobley dmobley at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 19:54:55 CEST 2005

Sara,

You might want to correspond with the Pande group on this, as they're the
ones who put out the port.

I had a similar problem with Cl- ions and, as a temporary solution, modified
the ions.itp file in the top directory to have an #ifdef _FF_AMBER section
specifying the appropriate ion definitions (copied from earlier in the
ions.itp file but changing the atom types to the amber atom types -- i.e.
CL- is amber94_30). My conclusion was that no ion parameters were being
loaded when _FF_AMBER was defined, so I thought this was necessary. I
remember corresponding with Eric Sorin (Pande group) on this and he had some
alternative method of setting up systems where this wasn't a problem, I
think.

Anyway, you'll probably need to talk to them, as the Amber FF is not a part
of Gromacs, so in general you probably won't get support from this list.

David