[gmx-users] The RMSD problem

Qing Zhu qing.zhu at ttu.edu
Thu Sep 1 16:33:58 CEST 2005

For my understanding, what you said happens all the time. Because our
simulation systems are very small and simulation time-scale is kind of
short, system fluctuations and statistical errors may be big; even you
run the simulations using the same initial conditions but only different
random seeds, the simulation results could be significantly different.
So my suggestion is run replicate simulation (5 or 6 might be enough),
average the results, do statistical analysis, and find the real
statistical average of your RMSD.

Good luck.

Qing Zhu