[gmx-users] Gromacs-3.3: release candidate 1 available!

Erik Lindahl lindahl at sbc.su.se
Fri Sep 2 13:34:17 CEST 2005

Hi friends,

We have finally finished all the merging, polishing, and testing of
version 3.3, and there is now a new release-3-3-patches branch in CVS.

Considering it was quite a while since 3.2.1 there might be a few
rough edges, so to give you a chance to report bugs I've built a
"release candidate", available at

ftp://ftp.gromacs.org/pub/beta/gromacs-3.3_rc1.tar.gz

In particular, we have not been able to test/compile this release on
IRIX, Solaris, or OSF, so if you are using any of those platforms it
is a particularly good idea to report errors now to have it working
in 3.3-final!

To improve the feedback and avoid missing bug reports we also have
our own brand new Bugzilla bugtracker installed at

http://bugzilla.gromacs.org

You can still report bugs on the mailing list, but it is probably
just as fast to generate a bugreport, and then you can follow the
confirmation/resolution/closing of the bug online, and get
notification when something changes.

And, just to give you some incitement for testing: Release 3.3 has
full support for TIP4P accelerated loops, x86-64 and EM64T 64-bit
assembly loops (recently re-tuned to use all register), and PME free
energy - just to mention a few features.

Cheers,

Erik