[gmx-users] install

Joanne Hanna J.F.Hanna at warwick.ac.uk
Mon Sep 5 16:35:50 CEST 2005

Hi

I receive the following messages during a fftw and gromacs install, are these normal?

./configure stage fftw (single and double)

checking for dummy main to link with Fortran 77 libraries... none
checking for BSDgettimeofday... no
checking for gethrtime... no
checking for hrtime_t... no
checking whether cc accepts "-fkeep-programmers-inline"... no
checking whether cc accepts "-vomit-frame-pointer"... no

gromacs ./configure

checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... 64
checking for _LARGE_FILES value needed for large files... no
checking for _doprnt... no
checking if malloc debugging is wanted... no

make (gromacs)

>>> This is the GROMACS code generator for MD & MC inner loops
>>> It will generate single precision C code in file innerc.c
>>> Using fast inline assembly gcc/x86 truncation. Since we are changing
    the control word this might affect the numerical result slightly.
>>> Using gromacs invsqrt code
>>> Inlining gromacs invsqrt code
>>> Using normal solvent optimized loops
>>> Prefetching forces in loops: none
>>> Nonthreaded inner loops
>>> Vectorizing invsqrt in loops:none
>>> Generated 42963 lines of code in 156 functions
(innerc.c may take a while to compile)

Sorry if the answers are very obvious, I haven't done a lot of compiling and was worried as to whether the no's should be yes's and whether i need to define something extra.

Thanks
Jo