[gmx-users] Strange results

Jordi Camps jcamps at lsi.upc.edu
Wed Sep 7 19:34:27 CEST 2005

Hello!

I've been running some simulations with two forcefields: Gromos (G43a1) and
OPLS-aa. I ran a solvated protein (exactly the same input except for the
different hydrogens due to the unified forcefield) with the two forcefields
and the results are quite different.
I usually see that the Gromos simulation works fine, but the ones done with
OPLS unfolds and give high RMS. The .mdp parameter file has been the same
for the two inputs, so similar results are expected.

Do you know if this behaviour is normal? Is there some problem with the OPLS
forcefield?

Thank you for your attention,

--
Jordi Camps Puchades
Supercomputing research, support and development
Catalunya (Spain)                 e-mail: jcamps at lsi.upc.edu

Team info:
http://www.inab.org/~malaga/MOWServ/services/HELP/MarcoBajo/team.html