[gmx-users] crystal water

Maik Goette mgoette at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Thu Sep 8 11:51:12 CEST 2005

Hi

If its a crystal water from the x-ray structure, it will be included
automatically by pdb2gmx. If you want to place a new hydrogen, it may be
a bit more difficult because of the missing coordinates. Perhaps you
should try to fill the box with water and hope, that one water sits in
the place, you want it to.
Hmm...I would suggest to make a short mdrun and have a look, if your
water moves away from the location, and if another takes its place.
If it moves away and no other water will take its position, it may be
useful to restrain it.

Regards

Maik Goette, Dipl. Biol.
Theoretical & computational biophysics department
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen
Germany
Tel.  : ++49 551 201 2310