[gmx-users] PME in CVS

Andrey V. Golovin golovin at genebee.msu.su
Thu Sep 8 17:02:59 CEST 2005

Hi Erik
I got access to frontend, so for mpi version of RLC error is:

Reading file topol.tpr, VERSION 3.3_rc1 (single precision)
Program mdrun_mpi, VERSION 3.3_rc1
Source code file: block_tx.c, line: 74

Fatal error:
0: size=4, len=8, rx_count=0

"I'm Gonna Get Medieval On Your Ass" (Pulp Fiction)

Error on node 1, will try to stop all the nodes
Halting parallel program mdrun_mpi on CPU 1 out of 2

Non-mpi version works ok
Andrey

Erik Lindahl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The block_tx error has been fixed in both the head and 3.3 branch of
> CVS. We'll have a rc2 out as soon as the QM/MM stuff is tested, but  in
> the meantime you can try compiling without MPI, or updating CVS to  the
> latest version.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Erik
>
> On Sep 8, 2005, at 12:38 PM, Andrey V. Golovin wrote:
>
>> Hi Eric
>> CVS version is 20050831
>> I tried RLC 3.3 but  mpi run gives some error like Fatal error in
>> block.c ...
>> sorry I can not give exact error message now, cluster frontend is
>> unreachable.
>> Andrey
>>
>> Erik Lindahl wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Andrey,
>>> For CVS errors we need to know the exact version. However, I'd
>>> recommend downloading the release candidate for 1.1 instead:
>>> ftp://ftp.gromacs.org/pub/beta/gromacs-3-3_rc1.tar.gz
>>> Cheers,

119899 Moscow            E-mail: golovin at genebee.msu.su
Russia                      web: http://rnp-group.genebee.msu.su