[gmx-users] separating bilayer leaflets - POPC vs. DMPC and DPPC

David L. Bostick dbostick at physics.unc.edu
Fri Sep 9 19:24:01 CEST 2005

Hello,

If your bilayer separation is coupled to an unrealistic area per headgroup,
you may have a poorly equilibrated system. If you can prescribe an area and
run the bilayer for some time (1-2 ns) in a constant area, constant
pressure ensemble, and then switch to semiisotropic pressure coupling, this
could fix it.  The same could be done with NVT, but again you will need to
have a starting configuration with not only the correct area, but the
correct density for water in the bathing solution.

David

David Bostick					Office: 262 Venable Hall
Dept. of Physics and Astronomy			Phone:  (919)962-0165
Program in Molecular and Cellular Biophysics
UNC-Chapel Hill
CB #3255 Phillips Hall				dbostick at physics.unc.edu
Chapel Hill, NC 27599	           		http://www.unc.edu/~dbostick