[gmx-users] Slow opterons : low Mega Flops

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Tue Sep 13 08:30:15 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 14:54 -0700, Gia Maisuradze wrote:
> Thanks Erik, actually it turns out I was using gcc not ifc, now gromacs is
> running with the expected amount of speed.
Compare your numbers to the benchmarks. For me gcc is faster than icc
8.0. Fortran is not necessary (slower) on intel/amd.
> Thanks again.
>
> Gia

David.
Husargatan 3, Box 596,          75124 Uppsala, Sweden
phone:  46 18 471 4205          fax: 46 18 511 755
spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se    spoel at gromacs.org   http://xray.bmc.uu.se/~spoel