[gmx-users] periodic condition for a hexagonal prism

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 22:17:42 CEST 2005

Hi Yuguang,

To obtain a hexagonal prism, use editconf with option -angles 60 90 90 and
vector lengths appropriate for your system. I assume you will use it for an
infinite DNA strand? Otherwise it may give trouble with rotations, unless
you use a rotational constraint algorithm.

Cheers,

Tsjerk

On 9/16/05, Mu Yuguang (Dr) <YGMu at ntu.edu.sg> wrote:

> Dear All,
> Is there a way to use hexagonal prism condition (good for DNA fiber) in
> gromacs ?
>
> Dr. Yuguang Mu
> Division of Structural and Computational Biology
> School of Biological Sciences
> Nanyang Technological University
> 60 Nanyang Drive
> Singapore 637551
> Tel: 63162885
> Fax: 67913856

Tsjerk A. Wassenaar, M.Sc.
Groningen Biomolecular Sciencesand Biotechnology Institute (GBB)
Dept. of Biophysical Chemistry
University of Groningen
Nijenborgh 4
9747AG Groningen, The Netherlands