[gmx-users] Versions 3.3 beta?

Ken Rotondi ksr at chemistry.umass.edu
Fri Sep 23 18:12:06 CEST 2005

Hello all,

I've several installations of GROMACS running, some for production,
some for analysis. I was pretty sure it was all being done on the same
3.3 beta release. In trying to run ngmx on one of the trajectories I
received this message:

Reading file p39amd4.tpr, VERSION 3.3_beta_20050202 (single precision)
Program ngmx, VERSION 3.3_beta_20050202
Source code file: tpxio.c, line: 1102

Fatal error:
reading tpx file (p39amd4.tpr) version 37 with version 35 program

I read this as reading a .tpr generated with VERSION 3.3_beta_20050202
and opening the ngmx program also from VERSION 3.3_beta_20050202.
However, the error V.37 w/ V 35 program is issued. Are there more than
one sub version of VERSION 3.3_beta_20050202?

I apologize, as one of my builds is ~100miles away in Boston and I've
no easy way to access to check details of the build in real time.

Thanks,

Ken