[gmx-users] Long range forces, periodic boundaries and aggregation

Alan Dodd anoddlad at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 27 16:02:25 CEST 2005

Position restraints can be given differently for each
of the 3 axes.  Check position restraints, genpr etc.
in the manual.
The output of pdb2gmx will let you know if there's any
net charge on the molecule.  In addition, most other
programs, eg grompp, will often issue a warning if the
charge of the whole system is not zero.
I'm not sure what long-range force you're looking at,
but I'd imagine motion in a fluid will appear very
random, especially when the particles start with
neighbours equally spaced in each axis.  You'd
probably need a big force, or a long simulation
period, to see a definite effect?