[gmx-users] mpich/share/machines file for dual processor machine

MGiò magiofer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 17:16:01 CEST 2005

On 9/29/05, Jeroen Mesters <mesters at biochem.uni-luebeck.de> wrote:

> Looking at the md.log file, the first line states the following: *Log file
> opened: nodeid 0, nnodes = 1, host = orange, process = 7356*
>
> Where does mdrun_mpi get the *nnodes=1* information from?
>
> Does anyone have an *mpich/share/machines* file that shows me how a *
> dual-processor* machine is configured i.e. how do I tell mpich/gromacs
> there are two processors in one box and it should use both to run the job?

I think that you should tell mdrun_mpi which nodes to run on, I mean you
should use the flags
-nolocal -machinefile machinefile
in the machinefile you should write something like
name of the node:number of processors for that node
in your case you have node1:2, have I understood right?

I hope this helps,
MGiò

Anybody?